Welcome! I’m Kathy Schwalbe, Ph.D., PMP, and mother of three! My passion is educating project leaders to make the world a better place. You can find information about all three of my books on this site. Below are links to purchase them, and the tabs above provide info for each as well as other resources.
New info: My 7th edition of An Introduction to Project Management is on amazon as of August 31, 2021! See what’s new here. The third edition of Healthcare Project Management is also available as of October 6, 2021! It’s based on my 7th edition Intro book.
- Order An Introduction to Project Management, Seventh Edition (based on the 2021 and 2017 PMBOK® Guides) from amazon.com and amazon.ca (as well as amazon for other countries). Buy an ebook of my 7th edition for as little as $38 from redshelf.com.
- Order Healthcare Project Management, Third Edition (same as above with new prologue and Appendix). You can also buy an ebook for as little as $38 from redshelf.com.
- Read a preview of the first chapter of my new edition Schwalbe Intro PM 7e sample chapter 1
- Order An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition from amazon.com. You can also order an electronic copy of this and my Healthcare PM book for as little as $38 from redshelf.com.
- Buy Healthcare Project Management, Second Edition (Dec 2017)
- Order IT Project Management, Ninth Edition. Read ITPM 9e Chapter 1 here. Note: Cengage is NOT publishing a new edition of my IT PM book. Consider moving to An Introduction to Project Management, Seventh Edition. It includes lots of agile info and a teaching case on a software project.
- Now FREE: A Brief Guide to Microsoft Project Professional 2016
- 2018pmtemplates Download lots of free templates with this one zipped file (updated April 2018)
- more_templates (zip file with modified templates created by Rhett Smith, Adjunct instructor at Appalachian State University, added May 30, 2019). Feel free to modify templates to meet your needs.
- Note: My books are derivative works of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- PMP exam information
- Book site for An Introduction to Project Management
- Book site for Healthcare Project Management
- Cengage site for IT Project Management and other Cengage books
- Cengage customer support link
- Link to Project Online info. Consider using Basecamp or Jira or other tools. These two are totally online and free with no expiration.
“By 2027, employers will need 87.7 million individuals working in project management-oriented roles.” Read PMI’s latest Job Growth and Talent Gap report. “22 million new project-oriented jobs will be created between 2017 and 2027.” Read PMI’s 2018 Jobs Report.
In mid 2020 LinkedIn lists project management jobs as #3 in the top 10 jobs identified as having the greatest number of openings, steady growth, and a livable wage. See their free courses and job listings.