I decided to start adding some links to good articles on leadership, as it’s crucial for good project management. Several of these links have links to other articles as well. I am putting them in the order that I find them for now.
- Todd Warner, “What Separates High-Performing Leaders from Average Ones,” Harvard Business Review (November 11, 2015).
- Kenneth Mikkelsen and Harold Jarche, “The Best Leaders are Constant Learners,” Harvard Business Review (October 16, 2015).
- Michael Simmons, “This is the NO. 1 Predictor of Career Success, According to Science,” Forbes, August 24, 2015). The secret is having an open network to get more ideas.
- Claudio Feser, Fernanda Mayol, and Ramesh Srinivasan, “Decoding leadership: What really matters,” McKinsey Quarterly (January 2015). The four key traits are: being supportive, operating with strong results orientation, seeking different perspectives, and solving problems effectively.
- Jack Zenger, “Great Leaders Can Double Profits, Research Shows,” Forbes (January 15, 2015).
- Margaret Heffernan, “Why it’s time to forget the pecking order at work,” TED Talk (May 2015). Note: You can find many TED talks on leadership and lots of other subjects.
- Daniel Victor, “Women in Company Leadership Tied to Higher Profits, Study Says,” The New York Times (Feb. 9, 2016).
- Jeffrey Pfeffer, “Getting beyond the BS of leadership literature,” McKinsey Quarterly (January 2016).