Welcome! I’m Kathy Schwalbe, Ph.D., PMP, and mother of three! My passion is educating project leaders to make the world a better place. You can find information about all three of my books on this site. Below are links to purchase them, and the tabs above provide info for each.
- Sep 21, 2017: Order An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition from amazon.com. You can also order an electronic copy of this and other books for as little as $40 from redshelf.com
- NEW as of Dec 4, 2017: Buy Healthcare Project Management, Second Edition (Dec 2017) or the original Healthcare Project Management
- Information Technology Project Management, Eighth Edition (Nov 2015)
- Buy Revised An Introduction to Project Management Fifth Edition or An Introduction to Project Management Fifth Edition
- Buy Appendix A: Brief Guide to Microsoft Project Professional 2016
Note: An Introduction to Project Management and Healthcare Project Management are part of Amazon’s Kindle Matchbook program, so if you buy (or already bought) the physical books on amazon.com (new books and U.S. customers only), you get the kindle versions for FREE.
- Book site for An Introduction to Project Management
- Book site for Healthcare Project Management
- Cengage site for IT Project Management and other Cengage books
- Link to download free trial of Project Professional 2016. Note that as of 2018 Microsoft offers a 30 day free trial of “Project Online” that also includes Project 2016 (which must be downloaded and only runs with Windows). You can still follow the instructions in my books with this version. Simply open the template files provided, and they should open in Project 2016. Consider using Basecamp – totally online and free for educators with no expiration.
“By 2027, employers will need 87.7 million individuals working in project management-oriented roles.” Read PMI’s latest Job Growth and Talent Gap report. “22 million new project-oriented jobs will be created between 2017 and 2027.” Read PMI’s 2018 Jobs Report.