Cengage publishes Information Technology Project Management, now in its 9th edition (published in August 2018). Instructors should go to www.cengage.com for instructor materials and desk copies.
August 2021 Note: Cengage is NOT publishing a new edition of my IT PM book. Consider switching to An Introduction to Project Management, Seventh Edition. It includes a lot of agile info and a teaching case on a software project.
Link to Cengage site for the 9th edition, 8th edition and revised 7th edition, with templates, MS Project files, and other resources. Here’s a link for the original 7th edition site and the revised 6th edition site.
Below are a few other resources:
- Read ITPM 9e Chapter 1 here.
- Order IT Project Management, Ninth Edition.
- 2018pmtemplates Download lots of free templates with this one zipped file (updated April 2018)
- Project 2016 files, and link to download free trial of Project 2016.
- project-2013-files for Appendix A (same for 8th edition and revised 7th edition)
- Link to buy Appendix A: Brief Guide to Microsoft Project Professional 2016 on amazon, published April 28, 2016. ISBN is 978-1532774577 (also part of kindle matchbook, just get kindle version here)
- Project manager interview guide for exercise in Chapter 1
- schwalbe-agilepm-isecon-2012 (paper on agile with information in my seventh edition)
- 4eintropm-Appendix-C (addtional cases from my Intro PM book)
- www.intropm.com (site for my general PM book – has some good info as well)
- Click the Resources tab to find lots of other free resources, including more Agile info, examples from other cases like ResNet and VAPR), PMP and CAPM information, simulation software information, sample student projects, tools and techniques, etc. !