Cengage publishes Information Technology Project Management, now in its 9th edition (published in August 2018). Instructors should go to www.cengage.com for instructor materials and desk copies.
August 2021 Note: Cengage is NOT publishing a new edition of my IT PM book. Consider switching to An Introduction to Project Management, Seventh Edition. It includes a lot of agile info and a teaching case on a software project.
Link to Cengage site for the 9th edition, 8th edition and revised 7th edition, with templates, MS Project files, and other resources. Here’s a link for the original 7th edition site and the revised 6th edition site.
Below are a few other resources:
- Read ITPM 9e Chapter 1 here.
- Order IT Project Management, Ninth Edition.
- 2018pmtemplates Download lots of free templates with this one zipped file (updated April 2018)
- Project 2016 files, and link to download free trial of Project 2016.
- project-2013-files for Appendix A (same for 8th edition and revised 7th edition)
- Link to buy Appendix A: Brief Guide to Microsoft Project Professional 2016 on amazon, published April 28, 2016. ISBN is 978-1532774577 (also part of kindle matchbook, just get kindle version here)
- Project manager interview guide for exercise in Chapter 1
- schwalbe-agilepm-isecon-2012 (paper on agile with information in my seventh edition)
- 4eintropm-Appendix-C (additional cases from my Intro PM book)
- www.intropm.com (site for my general PM book – has some good info as well)
- Click the Resources tab to find lots of other free resources