- A Brief Guide to Microsoft Project Professional 2016 pdf file and link to the files for download – new-project2016files (Note that the tracking.mpp file was added in Nov 2018. Use that file to start the section on “Entering Baseline Plan, Actual Costs, and Actual Times).
- Free trial of Microsoft Project. Note that there are several versions/plans of the software in 2020. You can still follow the instructions in my book with these versions. Simply open the template files provided, and they should open.
- Free LinkedIn class on Project Online (5 hours 21 minutes for entire course) – can show the transcript wile watching videos
- Link with videos about Project Online. And more video links. Let me know if you find better ones!
- Brief Guide to Microsoft Project 2013 pdf file and link to the files for download – Project 2013 files
- Link to pdf file of Brief Guide to Project 2010 and link to the files for download- project2010files
Note: You might want to consider using other software. See a few options such as the following:
Jira: Anyone can get an unlimited free version of Jira (with limited capabilities). You can also access a Product Guide and many free tutorials from this site.
- Free version of Jira (unlimited time) available by clicking the “Get it free” link
- Product Guide, tutorials, and additional resources
MindView: This software allows you to create mindmaps which can be used to create a WBS and Gantt chart.
Basecamp: This software includes several different tools to help teams put all of their project data and communications in one place. Instructors and students can request a free account with no time limit from Basecamp.