Welcome! I’m Kathy Schwalbe, Ph.D., PMP, and mother of three! My passion is educating project leaders to make the world a better place. You can find information about all three of my books on this site. Below are links to purchase them, and the tabs above provide info for each as well as other resources.
New info: In July 2021 PMI released an online version of the 2021 PMBOK Guide. I’ll have a new edition of my Intro PM book out by the end of this year. If you are using my IT PM book, Cengage has decided not to publish a new edition. Consider moving to my Intro PM book, which does include a lot of IT examples. Also, Grow with Google added a certification in project management.
- July 2020: Link to free agile exercises and case studies
- April 11, 2020: Link to new free resources from PMI
- Sep 21, 2017: Order An Introduction to Project Management, Sixth Edition from amazon.com. You can also order an electronic copy of this and my Healthcare PM book for as little as $38 from redshelf.com.
- Dec 4, 2017: Buy Healthcare Project Management, Second Edition (Dec 2017)
- August 2018: Order IT Project Management, Ninth Edition. Read ITPM 9e Chapter 1 here.
- Now FREE: A Brief Guide to Microsoft Project Professional 2016
- 2018pmtemplates Download lots of free templates with this one zipped file (updated April 2018)
- more_templates (zip file with modified templates created by Rhett Smith, Adjunct instructor at Appalachian State University, added May 30, 2019). Feel free to modify templates to meet your needs.
- Note: My books are derivative works of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). I will publish new editions of my books after PMI publishes the final PMBOK®Guide, Seventh Edition – now estimated for late March, 2021. My new edition of An Introduction to Project Management should be ready for fall 2021 classes.
- PMP exam information
- Book site for An Introduction to Project Management
- Book site for Healthcare Project Management
- Cengage site for IT Project Management and other Cengage books
- Cengage customer support link
- Link to Project Online info. Consider using Basecamp or Jira or other tools. These two are totally online and free with no expiration.
“By 2027, employers will need 87.7 million individuals working in project management-oriented roles.” Read PMI’s latest Job Growth and Talent Gap report. “22 million new project-oriented jobs will be created between 2017 and 2027.” Read PMI’s 2018 Jobs Report.
In mid 2020 LinkedIn lists project management jobs as #3 in the top 10 jobs identified as having the greatest number of openings, steady growth, and a livable wage. See their free courses and job listings.